The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. – The Global Aussie
Thank you to Voeun at A Travel Diary for the nomination! If you’re full of wanderlust I highly suggest visiting her blog!
One of the requirements of the award is to list 10 random facts about yourself. Lucky for me… I already have a blog post covering that. You can find it here! I also need to select other bloggers to nominate so look back for that later!
I also need to answer questions posed by the blogger who nominated me, so here you go!
1. What or who inspired you to start blogging?
The number one thing that got me to start blogging was all of the goals I set at the beginning of 2017. You can read more about those here. I wanted a way to hold myself accountable and to help other 20-somethings going through the same struggles. I was also motivated by Michelle at Making Sense of Cents and her posts about starting blogs and saving/making money.
2. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
My life is pretty tame but in the matter of a couple of days I needed to withdraw my acceptance to a masters program, applied for the Disney College Program on a whim, was accepted and decided to move across the country to spend my first year after graduation working in a theme park. One of the greatest decisions I ever made.
3. Is there any funny travel story you would like to share?
It wasn’t funny back then but my family and I all traveled to Jamaica my senior year of high school and we all BURNED. To the point where I couldn’t keep my shoes on in the airport because my feet hurt so bad. The funny part is looking back at the pictures from the vacation and we all look like lobsters.
4. What is the downside of travelling?
For me the only downside is trying to get enough days off from work! I plan on doing a follow up post on this on how to get the most out of your PTO so you can travel more each year. I have a lot of family and friends scattered around the US and I try to take trips once a year to visit most of them and then usually a trip or two with the sir which I think is important to our relationship. It’s hard to fit that all into 10 PTO days!
5. Who is your favourite author and why?
Sarah J. Maas – her books are action packed and full of strong heroines and generally well rounded characters. I also love that she has so many books in a series so I never have to say goodbye to the favorites!
6. What is the most delicious street food you have ever eaten?
Mexican Street Corn! So so good
7. What is your most favourite post that you’ve written?
Time for self-promotion? Well don’t mind if I do! You can read it here – it’s all about how to have a happier morning to improve the rest of your day.
8. If you can live the life of any fictional character, who would it be?
Hermione Granger for sure. Books with good friends and magic to boot? I’m in.
9. What single quality do you appreciate most in a person?
Honesty! I can sometimes be a little blunt with my honesty but I genuinely do appreciate it when someone returns the favor.
10. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to your 14 years old self?
Stop trying to figure it all out at such a young age. Seriously, stop. Too much is going to change and you’re going to spend your 20s trying to figure it out all over again anyway. Stop worrying about college, what that girl said about you or what position you’ll get in your club next season. None of it will matter later. Enjoy your young life.
My questions for my nominees:
- What inspired you to create a blog (and to keep it going)?
- What’s the number one place on your travel bucket list?
- What makes you happy?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your dream job?
- What inspires you when you are in a blog writing rut?
- Who are your favorite bloggers?
- Do you have any tips for new bloggers?
- What is your favorite part about blogging/being a blogger?
- Talk about how you chose your niche.