I am so excited to announce that Above Average Adulting was nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by For the Love of Teachers (thank you!). It’s always wonderful to have your hard work acknowledged!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
My answers to For the Love of Teachers questions:
1) What is your niche? Tell us a little bit about your blog.
2) Why did you create your blog?
2017 is my “Year of Many Goals” and this blog holds me accountable. At the beginning of this year I turned 25, and while I’m generally living the life of an adult I didn’t feel like I was persevering and I wondered if other people my age felt the same. So after oodles of research, the blog was born.
3) What are your hopes and dreams for your blog?
I hope that one day down the road someone will comment on one of my posts and tell me that I’ve encouraged them to change something big in their life. Whether it be saving $10,000, doing the Disney College Program, learning to cook or losing weight – I’d like to be a positive influence!
4) How long have you been blogging?
I had a fledgling blog many years ago that I don’t count. This blog was started in February 2017, so I’m still a blogging newbie.
5) Which blogs do you follow that inspire you?
6) Do you blog full time or just as a hobby?
Right now it’s just a hobby because I already have a full time job that takes up the majority of my time. It would be wonderful if one day the blog provided enough income that I could transition to making it my full time job.
7) What are some mistakes or lessons that you learned about blogging?
I actually have a whole post about this coming up on the blog so keep an eye out for it!
8) Why should others read your blog?
Let’s face it. We all probably have one aspect of our lives in which we’re not being an above average adult 😉 For me the major one was getting my finances to the next level which means creating an emergency fund, finding new ways to save, paying off my debt, and learning to invest. However, I also wanted to travel more and lose some of that old college/new desk job weight so you’ll be able to find that here as well!
9) How do you inspire others?
I’m hoping that by writing these posts and being fairly open in my writing that I’m inspiring others.
10) What are the biggest challenges with blogging?
Getting discouraged is a big one. I’m still a new blogger so things can start off pretty slow but sometimes it’s discouraging when you feel you’re not reaching very many people.
11) In what ways to you support others (bloggers, friends or family) in helping them grow?
Blogging Facebook groups! This one is my favorite. For those who don’t know, there are TONS of Facebook groups devoted to bloggers supporting bloggers.
My questions for my nominees:
- What inspired you to create a blog (and to keep it going)?
- What’s the number one place on your travel bucket list?
- What makes you happy?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your dream job?
- What inspires you when you are in a blog writing rut?
- Who are your favorite bloggers?
- Do you have any tips for new bloggers?
- What is your favorite part about blogging/being a blogger?
- Talk about how you chose your niche.